One of my favorite things about Fall and Winter is that I will eat all the soup I can possibly get mouth near. I am a soup and BLT kinda girl! And I decided in honor of my first "official" blog post I would do something special and give y'all a two-for-one. Disney and a recipe..Are you ready for this? It's Disney's Loaded Bake Potato Soup! You will die and go to Heaven just like I did when you taste it.
It's the best thing I've eaten since I made it last winter. A little piece of potato Heaven I like to call it.
But, I feel like this picture just doesn't give it justice....so here's the recipe!
You will need:
- 1lb bacon roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 3/4 cup diced celery
- 4 large russet potatoes & 4 medium red potatoes; peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups chicken stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups heavy cream
How to make:
- In a 6-8 Qt stock pot over medium heat, fry bacon until crisp
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towel. In bacon fat, cook onions & celery until the onion is translucent. Add potatoes and cook for 4 mins. Stirring occasionally.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir consistently over low heat for 5 minutes until the mixture has thickened slightly. Add stock and half of bacon. Season with salt and pepper.
- Over-medium high heat, bring soup to a simmer and cook for 25 minutes. stir occasionally. Mash some of the potatoes for a thicker and creamier texture.
- Add cream and let simmer for another 5 minutes
- Adjust thickness by adding water or more stock.
- Garnish with bacon, cheese, and sour cream!
And may I reccomend the best cook book ever?? Full of great recipies!
My next post is going to be the BEST butter cupcakes your taste buds have ever landed on! I made them for a friend's wedding shower and they were a great hit so I'll share those in a couple days. Maybe we'll get to healthy food one day...maybe.
Have a magical day!